I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Life AS an Ironman - day 6

Bright and early we got up and went for breakfast - alas the breakfast room was FILLED to capacity with show choirs and restoration workers!  Not a table in sight, and a line that went all the way around the room. . . . oh well - we gotta feed these kids!  We squished around a little table - no one complained.

We were in the lobby by 7:55am waiting for our shuttle bus to take us to the train station.  He wanted to leave early because they were closing one of the main tunnels to NY.

We were early - but we had a few minutes to look around and get a few last minute souvenirs.

The train ride to Boston was beautiful.  I think I may have found my new love - the countryside is AMAZING!

Boston is lovely!  It reminds us ALOT of Edmonton, but more.  The temple was beautiful, majestic, grande, magnificent, strong, and so BIG!  WOW!

Duane and I at the Boston Temple

All 5 kids enjoying the beauty and majesty of this amazing building that was built 12 years ago

The roads in Boston - ugh.  SO GLAD we have the GPS.

After finally finding the temple, and taking a few pictures, we headed out of Boston, both trying to convince each other that we weren't TOO tired to drive all the way to Katherine's house. . . . as we were driving, getting more tired by the minute - seeing that we would not arrive until 2am . . . .we both decided that it would be best to stay the night somewhere.  Shocked that we made that decision by 9:00pm - we decided to stay in Portland, Maine.

Goodnight - we are EXHAUSTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment