I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Life AS an Ironman - day 4

So, I was showing Duane my post and he said I should change it from

Life after Ironman to life AS an Ironman.

Life after Ironman feels like it is over, completed, like the life I worked so hard for is finished.

Life AS an Ironman denotes progression, the future, that the experiences of Ironman will continue to make me stronger, and the excitement will continue!

So there it is, once again, Duane takes an active roll as my manager.

He got an e-mail last night from someone at the Junior High School in Cardston, asking if I would speak to the grade 8 girls about . . . I don't really remember - setting goals, reaching them.  He called me a local hero.  Weird.  I don't really feel like I have done anything to deserve that title - I am not sure how to take that in.

Day 4 of recouperation, we are still travelling on the train - we are about 3 hours from New York City.  My ankles are still swollen - there is no where for me to get my feet elevated.  I am drinking lots, and peeing lots. . . My toenails are still a mess. . . it looks outside like it is getting cooler and cooler ( the sad but REAL truth)

The kids are doing their homework.  Some of them more willingly than others.  Alas - reality bites sometimes.

Arrived in New York this afternoon - and we are a big undertaking!  Getting 7 people, their carry-ons ( which is all we could carry) and their checked baggage to a taxi that will drive to Jersey without any baggage carts - - - - well you can imagine.  At one point I said. . . this is worse than Ironman!

We finally made it to our hotel - the second storm of the season is hitting - I think they are calling it Athena. . . . we decided to head back to New York Times Square.  We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (the first place we saw that we could duck out of the sleet, and wind)  The food was good.  We were hungry.  We played in the Toys R Us store, m&m store, Hershey store, a couple of souvenir shops . .. . and some McDonald's apple pie for the ride home - everyone was SO cold!  Glad Dad bought some umbrellas!  Saved the night!

We picked up the shuttle at 9 and headed back to the hotel - we were tired!  I slept in my own bed with my feet elevated to try and get my ankle swelling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment