I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Life after Ironman - 2 days. . . .

Today we got up and got the rental house cleaned up, laundry done, food packed up, bags packed, bike packed, stuff to ship home packed - Woooo - all by 10am.  No wonder I was so tired this afternoon.

My parents were warriors today!  They helped with the kids, made and cleaned up breakfast, cooked up food from the freezer, and so many other things!  We could NOT have done it without them.  They are SO GREAT!

Rick and Carol left before Duane and I came down from our room (we had ALOT of stuff to organize in our room!)  Carol was joking last night about being up at 4 and out the door!  I don't think they left that early - but we did miss their departure, sorry Rick and Carol.  Happy Anniversary to you, and thank you for coming and being a part of this experience!

We drove to Ft. Walton Beach to a Fed Ex store and shipped away the bike box, and 2 other boxes with all my triathlon gear, extra clothes, flip flops, all the warm weather stuff = 150lbs of STUFF!  Wow!

I was having a hard time today, letting go of Ironman, leaving Panama City Beach, feeling like it was over.  I had a couple of little breakdowns today.  Duane told me that it is not over - it has just changed our path - it is a moment in time that has shifted our future.

I knew I would be feeling 'down' after it was over, I didn't think it would happen so soon, but I think just leaving here, and shipping away all my triathlon gear was the trigger today.

I drained some more blisters under some of my toe - nails today (yes, I have multiples - my left big toe being the worst).  GROSS!  I know, but man do they feel better!  The pressure was unbelievable!

My dad put some more Chinese medicine cream on my scabs - eye, elbow, neck, hands (front and back), and leg and knee.  We 'absorbined' last night - I know my dad loves me when he 'doctors' up my wounds.  Thank you Dad.

So we have driven through Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and into Louisiana today.  What an adventure we are on!  We tried to find a GREAT place to take the kids for dinner tonight - but what a challenge driving around New Orleans in a full size van, up and down one way streets, with a football game going on, police directing traffic and a rain storm going on.  We still loved it!  The French Quarter was AMAZING, Bourbon Street was so VERY cool.

My high school friend Amy Schnoor posted her favorite quote on my facebook today,

 "how you treat your body is a direct reflection 
of how grateful you are for your life."

I am so very grateful for my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment