I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Friday, November 2, 2012

1 day till IRONMAN - this is it - Goodnight!





Today is the day.  The last day of preparation. . . . there is nothing else I can do - but to

JUST DO IT!

Today the weather here is beautifully perfect - the wind has died down the temperature has risen and is now hovering at about 25 degrees C.  Truly Perfect!

I got on my bike and rode for 20 minutes this morning - it was GREAT!  My new tires felt like I was cutting through butter with a perfectly sharpened knife.  Oh, I think I might really enjoy the 112 mile bike ride tomorrow.  I keep complaining to Duane about how large my legs are - his reply today is - use the gift that God has given you, those strong leg muscles will get you through this bike ride!  Hmmm.  Maybe I will love my large legs after Ironman. . .

Today we practiced a flat tire - I have got this.  I still am hoping and praying for NO flat tires!

We put my number on my bike # 818.  I think the sticker may never come off my bike.  I love it!

Checked in my bike at slot # 818.  Duane did the simple math - my bike is in a bike lot that is worth an easy million dollars. . . . WOW!

Checked in my Bike Bag # 818.  That is a LOT of bags!  I hope the volunteers can find it in a timely manner tomorrow!

Checked in my Run Bag # 818.  Can't believe my Ultra Runners are in there among all these Ironman athletes. . . . soon I hope that I will feel like I have earned my spot here. . . .

I have been eating and drinking all day - filling up with energy.

Emma has gone to her Volunteer meeting - with the Navy Seals - she is so excited!!

When Duane gets home we are going to drive a bit of the bike route - just to ease my anxiety a bit.

So here is how you can follow me tomorrow.  I am sure Duane will be posting hourly ( ha ha), if not more. . . . on facebook - or

here is a beach camera from the hotel hosting Ironman

http://www.boardwalkbeachresort.com/beach-cam/

Here is the link to the ironman.com live feed, with my Bib # (818) it should give updates.  

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman/florida.aspx#axzz2B4riQPGM

There should be a link button tomorrow on this site for a live feed coverage.

I will put some pictures on this page later - showing the bikes and the race bags - but it is getting late - and I am getting tired - so I am going to go to sleep.

Goodnight - Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT day!  I am getting excited now!  Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, support, and for your prayers.  I love you ALL!

WOW!  I can't believe it!  This is it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment