I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Life after Ironman - 3 days

Well, we got up EARLY this morning from our hotel in .  We took a suburban 'cab' to the train station, and got there just in time to check a few bags, and haul the rest onto the train.  There was not a cart in sight - bizarre!  That was ALOT of bags today!  We should be able to eat through a bunch of our food today, and be able to get our bags down to 3 per person (duffle, backpack, pillow/blanket) and 3 coolers.  That I can handle.  I had to carry a bunch of stuff on my sore shoulder today - ugh.

So we are on our way to New York City, we should arrive tomorrow after lunch sometime.  We are passing through so many trees with beautiful fall colors - I LOVE the reds and oranges - surprise!

One of the train ladies just got after us for having our own food in here - WHAT?!?!?  Just sitting in the car with the tables - the perfect place for making lunch, which is coming up soon - - - - she says we are supposed to keep our own food in the chairs?!?!  That is weird.

Duane helped me figure out why we can't eat in here - it is the car attached to the snack car.  So they are trying to sell stuff.  Usually there is a car that has tables that is above the snack car . . . but this train does not have that - oh well.  We can deal with it.  Life on the train - you just can't get ruffled.  I love it!

So, as far as recovery goes. . . I thought I was doing pretty good - till Jack kicked my big toe under the game table on the train today.  The first time he did it, I think he broke a blister, because liquid came out the front of my toe- nail.  He was pretty grossed out by that, but not enough I guess because . . . he did it again.  The second time he did it, I think I may have said a bad word - cause it felt like he kicked my toenail OFF!  Sure enough I looked down and there was blood and puss - the toenail was sideways - not sure what what what. . . .   It was pretty GROSS!  Emma's first aid training kicked into gear, and she wrapped up for me.  I was in tears from the initial kick ( and so was Jack).  It really does feel fine now - just gross.  My biggest worry now is what to wear on my foot - not sure how well my runner will fit. . . and i don't dare go in flip flops, cause the last thing I need is infection. . . .

A girls dillemma - what to wear?!

So I am trying to update my race report (race day post) on my blog today (just a few posts back).  I found this on I<3 to run's website today...  I found it appropriate.

Life after Ironman. . . . I definitely feel REBORN!


It takes courage to do it, to be a runner.  
We all found that out a long time ago.  
Because it is about more than fatigue. 
It's about pain, and dealing with it for a long time.  
And it's about resolve. 
- John L. Parker
























No comments:

Post a Comment