I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

3 days till IRONMAN - Things just got real

Wednesday October 31 - - this is the most non - traditional Halloween I have ever experienced, and I have to admit - I kind of liked it!  This will be no surprise to anyone who knows me, but I'm warning you now - one of these years though, we will have a real Halloween and shock the pants off my kids ( ha ha).  

This morning started bright and early, my mom and dad, Duane and I went to volunteer at the Ironman Registration.  They had a LOT of volunteers today, and there wasn't a lot for us to do, so I got my own registration package picked up and we went 'shopping' at the Ironman tent - that was fun!  

I did a chocolate milk commercial, in hopes of winning a spot at Kona and some training, and some money, I don't really know. . . I told them I was lactose sensitive, but that my kids like chocolate milk, and they said, "just say what your kids would say about chocolate milk!"  Okey dokey!

It was exciting to talk to many other people today from all over the world who were doing their 'first Ironman' here in Florida.  It helped me feel not so alone.  It was good.  But it did make it REAL!

We went to Taco Bell for lunch and they have some new sayings on their hot sauce packets - this was my favorite one for today!


We came home and I was exhausted from being around all the people and the shopping - so I had a nap - hoping that when I woke up, I would feel this way:

Sigh.  I am still feeling pretty lazy and tired - so I tried to gather my children to come on my 20 minute run - the only one who was game was Emma - so off we went.  Her stomach began to bother her after about 10 minutes - so I did the rest by myself.  It had gotten pretty windy by this point - which I am used to - but having sand blowing in my face - not so used to.  My garmin told me that I was running fast today - interesting.  The forecast for Saturday still looks perfect - - - and I am hopeful.

Duane took Jack and my bike back to the Ironman Tent, and got 'race wheels' put on my bike - she is looking ready.  He cleaned her, and put new bar tape on too.  

We watched a Kona DVD that they gave away today - it was inspiring.  That is what this is all about - determination, conquering, the human spirit, giving back, and giving your all....

My brother Rick and his wife Carol arrived tonight - Happy Halloween!  

We picked up a pirate ship lego kit (that was on clearance), played "Don't Eat Pete" ( with Jack-o-lanterns), put on some temporary Halloween tattoos, and played some cards with Aunt Carol.  Perfect.

Duane cooked and stretched my new bike shoes tonight - we were both a bit nervous - but it is done. . . . I am now headed to bed because tomorrow is COMIN'!

No comments:

Post a Comment