I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

6 days till IRONMAN - Let's DO this thing!


So today is my official rest day. . . . (although I think with travel - I get tomorrow off too, but officially, this is my last Sunday to process, dissect, think about, get my head around 'what I did last week'  - then plan, process, dissect, think about, get my head around 'what I need to do this week.'  

I decided I am just going to take this week - one day at a time, cause I get a bit overwhelmed when I think about what I need to do THIS week.  So today - 6 days before Ironman - all I need to do is 

ride the train
eat properly
drink my water
wash my hands
keep healthy
remind myself what I have done - just one step, one day at a time.
remind myself that I can do this
remind myself that I am ready physically, mentally, and spiritually.

the words that keep going through my head at weird times are these:

"Let's DO THIS THING!"

Not sure what I am going to do with myself next Sunday. . . . . just REST I guess.  I'll think about that -next week.

Duane, Emma and I were having a discussion today about 'free agency', and how many times, people get confused and think that free agency is the power to choose.  But really, we all have the power to choose, what it really means is that depending on what choices we make - we either become free or not. . .  

I liken that to the lifestyle choice that I have made, to eat healthy, to exercise regularly, to push myself, to improve myself - the choices that I make every day have made me free - and now I am free to do what I want -  to do an Ironman. . . . 

I am really enjoying where I am at physically, mentally, and spiritually, and I need to remember - it is because of all the little choices I have made in the last 5 years that have brought me to this place - and I can stay here by making similar choices.

I am free and able to do whatever I want to do  - even IRONMAN!

"LET'S DO THIS THING!"

Today was a big traveling day - we rode the train all day - thank heavens I got a sleeper car.  Duane had a nap in it this morning and I had a nap this afternoon.  The train was 3.5 hours late, so we didn't get to go into Chicago for pizza, we got off the train at 7:55 - walked VERY quickly to the station, then to a train that turned out to be the wrong train, so back to the station, and then to the right train, just in time for the train to leave the station - phew!  We even saw our luggage and my bike on a baggage car. . . . we are just hoping that it made it onto the new train in time too!  

"LET'S DO THIS THING!"



No comments:

Post a Comment