I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

4 days till IRONMAN - feeling tired and lazy

The taper is a funny thing . . . . .

If you are feeling tired and lazy, and like there is no way you can do this thing. . .

. . . . you are on track?

I'm not feeling the humidity of Florida . . . at all.  Weird.  Maybe it just isn't hot enough?

It is really windy here today - they are saying it is some of the remnants of hurricane Sandy. . . I hope it passes soon.  That hurricane has devastated NYC.  Now we are not sure if we will be able to travel there next week or not.  Time will tell - I'm trying not to worry about it, and just focus on the task at hand.

Ironman Florida - it really is beautiful here....

Three generation picture on Panama Beach - it doesn't get any better than this!!
Emma (16), with her mother Patricia - aka me - (40), and my mother LaVern (68)  

I finally did my swim tonight. . .  like I said - it is windy today and the ocean is showing it!  I swam to a buoy out there - and I just didn't even think about it.  I am finding that it is easier to not even 'think about it'.  Just go and do it.

Here is a picture of Mary and I after my first ocean swim.  I did it!!  I didn't even freak out too much about sharks . . .

Mary and Mom @ Panama City Beach



The Sunset was absolutely beautiful, I can't believe that I was swimming in the ocean at sunset - I have to say it is a dream come true!  I didn't see any sharks, or jellyfish, only the bubbles from my hand pushing through the water.  I would think "what was that?  Oh, just my hand."  Then a few minutes later I would think,  "what was that?  Oh, just my hand". . . . .

I can be quick to forget.

Here are some pictures so I can hopefully REMEMBER how this felt today.
Oh those waves were strong - but I powered through them.
The waves knocked my goggles off once - but I miraculously found them!!

If you look really closely to the left of the yellow buoy -
you will see both my hands raised in victory that I made it!!

My ocean swim at sunset on Panama Beach Florida
Just 3 nights away from starting Ironman Florida 2012





1 comment:

  1. Georgous!! Way to Go. Amazing feat, and stunning pics!

    ReplyDelete