I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

27 Weeks till IRONMAN - Happy to be training outside!!

So this week, I did everything I was supposed to do - maybe not necessarily on the scheduled day - - but it worked, and I had fun - - - and isn't that one of the reasons I am doing this???

Monday - Brick workout - Bike 30min/Run 20min - it was my first bike ride outside this year, in the real world and it felt fantastic - I didn't want to stop at 30 minutes. . . but alas, it is my job to pick up Kate from pre-school at 11:15am sharp. . . so I had to turn around and ride back to town ( but I did yahoo a few times when there was no one around. . . because I was having SO MUCH FUN!) The weather was so warm and beautiful - I was on my bike in shorts and a biking shirt - and after only about 4 minutes, I remembered what I forgot to wear. . . . SUNGLASSES!  Ahh one thing you don't get on the bike trainer. . . bugs in the eyes. . . . well, I survived, and headed out on my 20 minute run.  I am not sure why, but I seemed to be going a lot faster today - it felt so good.  I usually run to a certain spot which takes me 10 minutes - but today - I ran ALOT farther - someones sprinklers were on - I enjoyed the overspray.  It was a perfect day!  I am happy.

Tuesday - The weather was so perfect, I wanted to bike and run today, but I didn't - I stuck to my plan . . . .  but I wasn't able to get to my workout until after the kids got home from school.  Which frustrated me a bit for some reason, but it all worked out.  They came home, I drove to Lethbridge, I swam, and there was hardly anyone there, in fact, when I left 45 minutes before closing, I was the last person in the pool!  It was very relaxing - I wasn't frustrated anymore.  Swim 115 lengths - check!

Wednesday - Another beautiful day. . . . so beautiful, I started debating if I should do my long bike ride today instead of Friday, then I was trying to figure out how to switch stuff around, but with the logistics of it all, I was feeling challenged. . . so I went for my 90 minute bike ride. . . it was a little windier and a little colder than Monday - but still - I was not wearing a coat in April - beautiful!  I rode out to Leavitt and back and around the bypass and home. . . it was wonderful - I picked up Kate from pre-school - in my biking gear. . . . the Vice-principal thought I looked 'sporty' and her comments included "that my outfit would make a nice Halloween costume."  This is who I am.  So to add to my absolutely insane Wednesday - I decided that I would still do my tempo run down on the dreadmill ( I mean treadmill - really - wink wink nod nod).  So I did 5 miles at tempo - it was hard ( could be because I just went for a 90 minute bike ride outside already today!  Ya, I am a bit crazy - but this is nothing compared to what is coming!!!  I also drove into Lethbridge after cubs and went to a Nutrition class at Fit Physiotherapy.  It was good.  It gave me a lot to think about, and research, and practice. . . . It was basically the Paleo Diet for athletes . . . . which is intriguing. . . . like I said, lots to research and think about. . .

Thursday - Rainy and cold, but the perfect day for a swim!  The kids didn't have school today, so I stayed in Lethbridge on Wednesday night after my class, and then got up and swam on Thursday morning, and headed back home early afternoon.

Friday - scheduled long bike ride - but I already did it!  So. . . . I earned an extra rest day I guess!

Saturday - 16 mile run.  Yes I did!  Three -  5 mile loops with 3 different groups of friends, and 1 mile up and down the creek on my own.  It was tough  - but the biggest deal for me is that. . . I DID IT!!  Longest run EVER!  I ran the first 7 miles in my Newtons, and the rest in my Vibrams.  Feet hurt the worst at about 1 hour and again at about 2 hours. . . but everything feels GREAT now!

Sunday - REST REST REST - and enjoy this video.  The following video is helping me to make my own mental video of the race that I will be doing in just over 6 months from now. . . . it is helping me to 'see it'.  To see ME doing it!

I can relate to all the people talking at the beginning - I especially like the girl who admits that 'she really enjoyed all the training, is that bad?' - so I guess I am not the only CRAZY out there!  I also loved the comment "you will not learn as much about yourself anytime in your life as in the last hour of your IRONMAN".

IRONMOMME!


No comments:

Post a Comment