I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

26 Weeks till IRONMAN - The Half - Way Point

"One can have no smaller or greater mastery 
than mastery of oneself." 
- Leonardo da Vinci

I can't believe that I am at the half-way point . . . . . 26 weeks ago . . . I timidly, nervously, unsuredly. . . . signed up to do my hardest thing, physically, mentally, socially and spiritually in my life . . . knowing that I would have to commit with my entire heart and soul to this one purpose . . . to prepare, endure, learn, discover, hope and dream . . . and let's not forget . . . . a WHOLE LOT of SWIMMING, BIKING, and RUNNING!

Here I am with 26 weeks behind me, and 26 weeks in front of me. . . what a place to be . . . desperately wishing I could push the pause button . . . but, there is NO WAITING HERE . . . time (IRONMAN) waits for no one. . . only consistant action, following the plan with more consistant action.

The next 26 weeks are going to be challenging in so many ways - but I do LOVE a challenge . . . and I am learning that if I just do today what I need to do today, it will not only take care of yesterday, but completely prepare me for tomorrow.  That is a great feeling!

This is the plan.

All I need to do is follow the plan.

I will do this.

I heard some SAD news today.  Ironman St. George (which happened yesterday) announced that this was the last year of their full Ironman event.  As of 2013, Ironman St. George (one of the only 3 full ironman events on this continent that happen on a Saturday - yes I am a Saturday only racer) will become Ironman 70.3 (which is a 1/2 ironman event).  Sigh.  I was really hoping to someday race in the St. George Ironman . . . and now it looks like I have lost my chance.  I think my only choices now are Florida and Texas . . . things that make you go hmmm.  Both very far away from me - but . . . both . . . warm!!!

So, I have had a great week.  I am fine tuning my diet, figuring out what I can and can't eat on Fridays (day before long run), and Saturdays (day before REST day).  What gives me a tummy ache, and what makes me feel good!  My workouts are starting to pick up a little which I love because more challenge = more reward!  I am spending more time outside, less time on the bike trainer in my basement or in the gym.  I did my first TEMPO run outside this week and Erin was right - it was much more fun!




So here is another video that I am watching that is helping me to visualize myself there at IRONMAN - I visualize those volunteers helping me, I am starting to see myself running through the sand, and getting cleaned off in the showers - - - I know that I have to see it to believe it!  Even in my own mind!


Here's to the half - way point!
Life is definitely half full - not half empty!



No comments:

Post a Comment