I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

29 Weeks till IRONMAN - life IS perfect in Whitefish

I can't believe we have less than 30 weeks till the big day . . . . it blows my mind

I had my first wacko ironman dream

I was ready to start, but people were just running down the beach/road, and it was like they started with the run (which is totally mixed up, because they ALWAYS start with the swim), but for some reason, I didn't notice the mix up. . . . but I had to go to the bathroom or something, so we went up to a hotel room or something, and I started running back and forth in front of this really big 'island counter top' while Duane, and his parents sat and talked.  I remember them saying things like 'oh ya, this will count, we can vouch for you that you did it', 'just keep track of how far you go'.  So I was measuring my miles by measuring my hands on the island.  When I got to 40, I would start again.  I have no idea how many miles I did!  We went to 4 different rooms and did the same thing. . . FINALLY I realized that this was a problem. . . . Duane said he would go talk to the people in charge and see what I was supposed to be doing, and see if I could just join the rest of the people midway in the run, and if I could do the swim portion last. . . but I was worried about swimming all by myself in the ocean with the sharks. . . . Duane found out that the people were all running at the beginning to catch a bus, and go to the start point. . . . I woke up very frustrated and very confused. . . .

lesson learned. . . . stay with all the people no matter what!  Review the route so I don't get stuck running around a counter island trying to count my miles. . . . eeeeyyyaaa!


So I have had a great training week - really.  I was worried about it because it is Easter break, and the kids are home, and I am out of my routine. . . . and I was thinking about going to Whitefish with the 3 little girls, and was even more worried about it - my back up plan was that I would do Monday and Tuesdays workout on Monday, drive to Whitefish on Tuesday, and if I couldn't fit in any workouts, I would do Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday's workouts on Friday, and Saturday's long run on Saturday. . . .

but that is NOT how the cookie crumbled . . . . (no pun intended) - and no, I didn't eat any cookies this week either - ha ha

So I mentioned last week that my mother is hiking the Himalayas in Nepal . . and my dad is just flying by the seat of his pants while she is gone!  That is another 'funny' cause he is a pilot. . . . laugh here. . .

So, I went to Whitefish, and my dad decided to stay in Whitefish with us - what a lifesaver!  I now could do my workouts, and he was willing to watch kids, and feed kids, clean up after kids, and he even took the kids swimming!  What a GREAT Grandpa hey?

Meanwhile, I went to the Whitefish Wave Rec Center for the first time.  I fell in love - no exaggeration - TRULY!  What an amazing place.  I went on Wednesday morning and did my Tempo Run on one of the 10 or so treadmills, that hooked up to my iPod, and recorded my workout - cool.  Went back on Thursday morning and did a cycling class from 6-7am, and then went and swam lengths in their lap pool ( one of their 3 swimming pools) for an hour.  Got out and sat in the hot tub.  Checked out their swim lake to lake challenge ( swim 75 miles in 5 months. . . cool challenge - and you know how I LOVE a challenge!  I haven't signed up. . . . yet, but I see you can sign up online!)  I showered, and dried my swimsuit in their spinny swimsuit dryer thing (which is AWESOME - Just like Taiwan's 'American Club').  I got my computer, and sat on a big comfy couch by the fireplace while it was raining, and checked my e-mail.  I was mesmerized by their smoothie bar where they were growing 'wheat grass' to add in. . . I didn't eat there, but I thought about it.  I watched an aerobics class happening, and checkout out their children's depot too.  So I paid a $12 fee for 24 hours - so I got all those workouts in for only $12. . . Happy Ironmom - it was SOOO worth it!  This place is truly HEAVEN!  It opens at 5am, and closes at 10pm. . . so the only thing you can't do there is sleep - Wow!

Some things I noticed. . the parking lot was always full - like 1 or 2 spots available - ever!  I think it is definitely more fun to lead an 'active living life' where there are so many choices and options available.

So this is all I have to do to get a facility here. . . . (another 'funny' in case you missed it -  just a note, we can't even get an indoor pool in this town where we have 10 months of the year that we can't use the outdoor pool... sad, sad, sad)

I really can't say enough good things about this place  -  It was perfect, and it made for a perfect workout week - that COULD have gone either way. . . . Phew!



No comments:

Post a Comment