I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

35 weeks till IRONMAN - Taiwan

Ironman Training in Taiwan. . . . .

Well, not seriously - but what fun we had!

Swim Highlights - going to the secret hotsprings was another unbelievable adventure.  We walked along pathways, through farmland and down dan   gerous areas.  Love how things translate sometimes. We hiked down through the mist and rain over rocks and through trees to find the amazing secret hotsprings - and were they HOT!  The waterfall was cold, but it felt good!


Standing in the waterfall at the secret hotsprings.  Dream come true!

It was a wet walk through the local farms, but VERY worth it!



Bike Highlights - I saw some GREAT unique bikes on my trip, hauling garbage and ladies riding while carrying their umbrella, and I got to go biking to the ocean!  Perfect!



Just me and the scooters, and the people and the market at dusk!
Not as uncommon as you would think. . . . just using their bikes to haul . . . whatever needs to be hauled! 
We made it to the ocean - Yahoo!!!




Totally cool bike tire on the biking path in Taipei - Love it!
That is one talented bike lady - riding with an umbrella, very useful talent.


Run Highlights in Taiwan - definitely hiking the crags in Pingshi, what a cool experience.  Running on the mountain, feeling the moss covered walls, and seeing the old farms, and the bus stop with the wooden chairs for a 'bench'.  So perfect. . . sorry I didn't get a picture of that....  breathing the country air, truly feeling the feelings of being in Taiwan - when you run, you are really really there in body and spirit - so hard to explain, but it takes you to another level.  Truly wonderful!



Hiking the Crags in Pingshi, in the rain with the ropes - what an amazing adventure!
Aidan asks "What's at the top?"  Oakley (11 years old)  answers -
 "Oh, just grown up stuff - they are taking more pictures, go down, go down!"
Can't believe I am here, doing this - what an experience!


Nutrition - oh the markets and they fresh fruits and vegetables were absolutely beautiful.  Beautiful food - but I think the meat hanging in the market is enough to make me a vegetarian!  The fruit man peeled the pineapple with a giant knife.  He was a master, and the pineapple smelled SOOO good, and tasted even better!  Steamed chocolate bun, mmmmm.  The onion cake was as good as I remembered it 20 years ago too. . . .



I'm loving all the beautiful vegetable choices - loving it!



Ironman Dreams for 2012 - setting off our own lantern - Cool!  The lanterns in the movie 'Tangled' is really real!  I SO SO LOVE IT!

Our Lantern with our 2012 dreams!
It's lit, and hot - ready to rise!!

Make it so!!!!  There it goes!!









This is Carrie's video from the lantern festival earlier in the month,
 but I had to share it with you because it is so AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment