I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

36 weeks till IRONMAN - Hong Kong

So this week I have been in Hong Kong, have the experience of a lifetime.  So, I arrived in Hong Kong on Monday night, met Carrie, Nadine, and Bonnie, we took the train to the little hotel room where I promptly took my melatonin and went to sleep!


Tuesday morning, I took my first step in my IRONMAN training in Hong Kong by hiking the 'Twin Peaks' - which is all stairs - like 6 miles of stairs - no big deal I thought. . . I'm in fairly good shape!  OIYA BAJOYA - My calves began their screaming fit that would last for about a week - but we kept on walking . . . everywhere ( it was AWESOME!)

At one point in the hike I said to Nadine. . . . this is CRAZY!  You are a machine!  I don't know what my Ironman coach would say about THIS training!!  

Here are a few pictures of my training in Hong Kong!


Up and Down we went - On the Mountain IN Hong Kong

The View From the Top!  Amazing

Julie, Nadine, Me, Carrie and Bonnie - Before the 6+ miles of stairs.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into!!

Do you see that path - that is where we are going, oh and by the way, it is all stairs . . . 

Still Hiking the stairs!

We are back in the city, on our way to the market - these stairs are cool!

Getting on the MRT - "oh this isn't busy"

Cool Ad in the middle of Hong Kong - so very cool..

Question of the day . . . . . am I "No Where"  or "Now Here"??????
 . .. things that make you go .  . . .hmmm

Isn't HE AWESOME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment