I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

37 weeks till IRONMAN - ready or not . . .

So a little while back, my sister Carrie mentioned to me, that the Women's Conference on which she is a member of the board, was interested in having ME come and speak at their conference in Hong Kong - to tell my story of weight loss and how it has changed my life and the lives of those around me. . . .   I thought 'wouldn't that be fun', not really believing it would come true. . . As you may have figured out about me, that is always my first response "oh, that would never happen to ME!"

You would think that I would start to learn, these things are happening to ME!!!

So yes, all the pieces came together, and I am heading to Hong Kong, by myself to speak at the A.S.I.A Women's Conference in one week.  Duane has helped me get my presentation ready, and I am packed and ready to leave in the morning at 3am to drive to the Calgary Airport to catch my first flight for a very long day. . .

The last few weeks, especially this last week has been filled with getting ready to go on a 2 week trip to Hong Kong and Taiwan, alas, my IRONMAN training schedule has taken a back seat, but I am counting what I have been doing as MENTAL TRAINING EXTRORDINAIRE!!

I have learned and grown so much because of the process I have gone through to prepare this presentation.  I know in the long run ( literally - ha ha) it will be so worth it.

Ready or not, here I come Hong Kong!

My #1 sister Carrie, and Me
Summer 2010, Cardston's July 1st fireworks celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment