I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

34 weeks till IRONMAN - Jet Lag + Moonlight Run = FUN

Who knew . . . Running the Moonlight run while recuperating from jet lag would be so much FUN!


We had such a great time!!!  The weather was perfect, the company was great, and it was fun!  My dad (Grandpa Jack) was not registered for the race, he just came to get his miles in for the day. . . I think we might get him running next year??!  It was so fun to be there as a family!

Our official times were:

Emma (6K)  34:17:55
Jack (6K)  41:58:00
Clara (6K)  42:09:90
Patricia (10K) 1:01:48:55
Leah Nelson (10K)  1:06:05:60
Duane (6K) 1:07:00:95
Grandpa Jack (6K)  1:07:00:95

Here is a picture of our 'gang' before the race.  Now that is what I call a party!


Jack Appleton, Leah Nelson, Emma Beazer, Clara Beazer, Duane Beazer, Patricia Beazer, Jack Beazer

I was feeling a little pressure, as Erin was going to use my time for my tempo runs. . . and I really wanted it to be respectable. . . I didn't need to be fast, just respectable. . .

SIGH  - it was a great race!

No comments:

Post a Comment