I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

42 weeks till IRONMAN - felt like the bionic woman!

So I got 'fit' on my bike this week and got my gait analysis done. . . . I learned quite a lot although I came home with a booklet of papers that I haven't had a moment to look at (grrr), and I am afraid if I did look at them I would feel like I was looking at Greek. . . . 

sigh  . . . . 

But the bike fitting was good,  As you can see in the picture below, they put little computer things on my body to computerize me. . . it was cool, because I suddenly became a stick man running, and a stick man biking on the computer.  I have always wanted to know what I looked like as a stick man!  I think I looked cool.

So, I now have some exercises and drills to do on my bike trainer - - - and I have a follow up appointment next week to talk about my running.  We are moving in the right direction . . . a good week. . . even though I am no longer in the perfect environment to train for Ironman ( Tucson ) - - but this is do-able . . . and I need to remember this quote:


with Ironman, training will only get you so far - the rest is inside your heart and mind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment