I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

40 weeks till IRONMAN - my miracle

Well, you know what else you can do in 40 weeks?

You got it - have a baby!  I know what an amazing miracle having a baby is. . . and I have to say, I think that being ready for IRONMAN is going to be my baby this year, my miracle.

With the Lord I can do ALL things - - even have my own miracles. . . can you believe that 5 years ago this was me. . .

 then. . . .
and now . . .  



And some people say that miracles don't happen anymore - - those 2 pictures are proof that they do.
Let's get at it and make this next miracle happen!

I am so grateful for the people who are helping make my next miracle happen.

Duane  my husband who believes in the miracle before I am even close to 'getting  it'.  He keeps me believing...
Emma, Jack, Clara, Mary, Kate  My Awesome Kids - For taking care of things at home while I train, train, train and reminding me that I am awesome when I forget!
Bruce owner of Fit Physiotherapy who helps me figure out this body of mine and all it's quirks
Connie Sports Massage Therapist - oh my what a massage that was - can't wait till next time!
Erin Coach and owner of Runner's Soul - helping me 'figure it out' and getting me ready - godsend!
Megan Partner in crime, I mean partner in Ironman - you gave me that little push that put me here
Mom and Dad The best babysitters for training time - lifesavers - thank you!
Linda Lifestyles nurse and nutrition support that I need so desperately
Chris Mental Health for that extra mental training that I need to do
Dr. Leslie chiropractor that keeps me in - line - in more ways than one!
You my cheering squad - thank you!

I have the BEST team -  We all need a team - no matter if we are doing IRONMAN or LIFE . . . .

What does YOUR team look like? 

Training report from the week:

Swim - got a swim in!  YAA!  I LOVE the swim. . .
Bike - mmm - still avoiding - my goal is to get on the trainer this week - just get on!!
Run - got my running in this week, the Marathon Club is really keeping me motivated as well as my 1200 mile club.  I hit 101 miles today (that is miles for the year 2012)!  Yaaaa!  I'm on track - and that feels good.  Do you want to join the 1200 mile club - you still can if you want - check it out here.
Nutrition - I was able to attend a Race Nutrition Clinic through the Marathon Club that I just joined - it was great!  I learned a lot of things, but mostly how important recovery is - it really hit home this time . . . glad I was able to attend this.  I also kept my weight in check with Linda - starting to feel good, and sometimes even great!
Mental - Chris found me - I have been a bit lost in the last year -  He actually called me this week to see if he should close my file because it has been so so long since I have been there, "oh no no no" I cried " I'm not 'better' YET!  Ha Ha!   I am headed back for some training and support.

I saw this little poster this week, and I thought it was a great thing to remember:

Tell Yourself:

Everything will work out.
Things will get better.
You are important.
You are worthy of great things.
You are lovable.
The time is now.
This too shall pass.
You can be who you really are.
You are strong.
You can do this.

For we believe what we tell ourselves!


And so - - - to help make my miracle happen,
 this is what I will tell myself every day . . . 




YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!





1 comment:

  1. Wow Patricia! This post was so very amazing! I remember moving into your ward just after Kate was born and it has been inspiring to watch you over the past 5 years. I agree with you, we all need a "team"! Good luck with your training!!!

    ReplyDelete