I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

48 weeks till IRONMAN - Bad Listener



Anything else you want to tell me??  I love that line - what a great video.  So, I had some goals for November - and they are coming along . . . . Read the book "Going Long" well, I'm not done, and although I'm still working on it -  I have a feeling that I will probably be reading it for the next 5-6 months, there is a LOT of information in this book that is amazing - I found this quote that I loved!

"We each have the ability to achieve success beyond our wildest dreams.

This means a dedication to fundamentals - nutrition, skills, endurance, and flexibility.  The lifestyle of a committed athlete is not for everyone.  There must be a deep joy associated with this path and an understanding that hard work is what leads to a  payoff.  The notion of "hard work" is nearly always misunderstood in this context.  The underlying philosophy of this book is that successful athletes are those who equate "hard work" with "focused play."

We can all become excellent athletes - but whether we become the best athlete (or person) that we can be is determined by whether it is fun for us to do what it takes." - Going Long - pg. 21

I know that I have not started the hard stuff yet - but so far. . . this is FUN for me!  I ran 10k again yesterday, and it felt so good!  It feels so good to go that distance. I had forgot how much I love it.  I actually ran 2 loops at 'run like a mother'.  Once with the other mothers, and once by myself - it was nice -  both times.. . . I love running with friends, and I love running by myself. . . I guess I got the best of both worlds yesterday.  Lucky me.

I reached my weight goal this month - success - that feels good.  I lost 5lbs...  now to keep it off for the month of December - - - oh ya.... I just need to remember the little fact that. . . . .  "I like a challenge!"




and the one that really worked for me this week is this quote:





So my December Goals:

1.  Stay the same weight for the month of December.
2.  Finish reading the book 'Go Long'
3.  Make a decision about a coach.
4.  Have fun running and swimming in Arizona!
5.  Keep running and get on that bike trainer!
6.  Work on figuring out my GARMIN. . . . sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment