I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

45 weeks till IRONMAN - Christmas in Arizona

It is Christmas Eve and I am in Page Arizona - we have spent 2 days driving and it definitely does NOT feel like have done enough 'training' but I am trying desperately to give myself a Christmas break.  Not sure why that is so hard for me, but it is...  It's actually not hard to give myself a break, but is is hard for me to not feel guilty about it.. . . . sheesh

We have just started our Christmas break, and we are having a great time - not sure if I am going to relax, but we will have a lot of FUN for sure!

Duane put a new book on his ipad.  It is titled "You are an IRONMAN".  It tells the stories of 4 or 5 different people getting ready for Ironman Arizona, which seems appropriate since I am now in Arizona for Christmas.

My 'training' today was running across the Glen Canyon Dam bridge in Page with Kate (4 years old)  and listening to Kate really laugh as we ran and she told me she was a runner.  Walking through the Antelope Canyon with the family and getting REALLY COLD TOES, and meandering around Horseshoe Bend, looking for rocks and treasures.

Here are some pictures from week 45 training day.

Antelope Canyon



Horseshoe Bend


Glen Canyon Dam

No comments:

Post a Comment