I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

46 weeks till IRONMAN - the best triathlon deal around!

Only 1 week till Christmas. . .  2 weeks till the New Year. . .  46 weeks till Ironman. . . . .

I am almost ready for Christmas.  I don't have to do anything to get ready for the New Year (except be mentally ready to start running . . . a lot. . .  for the 1200mile club). . . and Ironman. . . well . . . I am glad there are still 46 weeks left!

Oh, I got some REALLY great news about Ironman this week.  Since we decided to go down to Arizona for Christmas, Duane has put in a few calls to trainers, bike fitters, coaches, stores, all along our path from here to Utah, Arizona, and I don't know where else - maybe Mexico?  Ha Ha!  We have learned a few things:

1.  Lots of people don't call or e-mail back.
2.  The Gulf of Mexico Ocean is tame compared to California (the only ocean I have ever swam in)
3.  Wetsuits are cheap in Tuscon Arizona
4.  I have to take my bike to Arizona to get a true fit . . . . we aren't taking my bike to Arizona.
5.  The best reply came from Lethbridge - ya, you heard me right. . . the most attentive and exciting phone call that we have had is from someone here in Southern Alberta.  Bruce @ Fit Physiotherapy has a triathlon package where they fit my bike and do a gait analysis for my run and the best part is that I think we can get covered by our benefits under physiotherapy ( you are saying what??  I know - but truly!)  Awesome news!
6.  Now I am so excited to come back to Alberta after our Christmas Holiday - - - I really was trying to find some way to stay in the Arizona sun and heat, but now I am willing to come back so I can go for my appointment with Bruce and Erin and get my training plan too!

Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment