I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

6 weeks till IRONMAN - I'm busy getting stronger






It has been another great week.  My toughest workout this week was my 6 hour bike ride on Friday.  What amazed me is that a couple of weeks ago I had a 5.5 hour bike ride which turned into a 6 hour bike ride (miscalculated distance and time) and I was kind of a mess when I got home.  Friday's  6 hour bike ride was just fine - when I texted Duane to come and drive behind me for my last 30 minutes, as it was dark outside, he even said that I looked strong.  I think I am getting stronger.  

I have also been feeling like sometimes it is just too much, I am tired of being so busy, of driving to Lethbridge to swim, to fit in bike rides and runs everyday. . . . but the above quote says it all.

I know that the training I am doing now will make the next quote to be true. . . . Not sure if Ironman will be pleasant and easy, but the training is making me stronger and more ready.  


"Choose what is best, 
and habit will make it 
pleasant and easy." 
- Plutarch


I am pretty sure now that I can do this - and this upcoming week is a recovery week - which I am SUPER excited about!  The following 3 weeks are my longest hardest workouts of the year . . . and then  . . . tapering for the big day. . . it seems to be coming so fast!!

WOW!

This quote reminds me of my mother because she keeps telling me how excited she is for me, and how much I am going to enjoy Ironman.  I am not sure how much I am going to enjoy it. . . but I know that the training I am doing is making me ready, and I am getting stronger.  

Pleasant and easy?  I don't think those are quite the words I would use to describe it - but I do think I am not going to die - which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment