I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

19 weeks till IRONMAN - Cardston Kids Marathon

Amidst this week of training, Duane and I, with the help of the Cardston Elementary School Council Members, Friends, Teachers, Grandma's, Grandpa's, cousins, sister-in-laws, 22 local businesses, RCMP, Ambulance, and Town of Cardston Workers . . . . I think that covers everyone - Together we pulled off  the 4th Annual Cardston Kids Marathon!



It was a GIANT success!  Even with a few rain showers before the race started - it ended in a beautiful day!

Some of my favorite moments of the day . . . .

The Coralee Williams Family carrying the torch!



Running hand in hand with my now 5 year old baby, Kate!





The medal!  It glows in the DARK!  So cool!


The TV coverage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36zZfHKtWus&feature=youtu.be

Ramona Stewart came!

( I actually got a picture with her, and when I get a hold of it, I will put it RIGHT HERE!)

Ramona is one of my very favorite people, a hero in my life.  Duane said it all when he told her today  "if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be doing this!"  Ramona is one of the first people in my life that helped me to believe that I COULD run, that I COULD do a triathlon, even an IRONMAN if I wanted to.  She is one of the first people that I remember feeling like she BELIEVED in ME.  I want to make people feel the same way that Ramona makes me feel. . . . I love Ramona!

The front page of the Cardston Paper!



Amidst the chaos of organizing an event of this magnitude, I am proud to say that I was able to complete my training for the week.  Phew!

Monday - Brick workout ( 30 bike / 30 run)  I caught a small window of no rain and rode and ran outside - my favorite!
Tuesday - Swim 60 minutes, Bike 2 hours ( on the trainer as it was a RAINY day).  Not my favorite way to ride, but I did watch a movie today "Water for Elephants"
Wednesday - Swim 60 minutes - CARDSTON KIDS MARATHON DAY!
Thursday - 1 mile warm up - 7 mile Tempo Run - 1 mile cool down = 9 mile run!
Friday - Long Bike - 3 hours to Lethbridge in a head wind - phew!  Water bottle, Heed Bottle and 1.5 LaraBar's got me to my mother's house.  I ran around the big block in my barefeet to get 'my legs back' and then showered and waited for Duane to come and bring me clean clothes and shoes.
Saturday - Long Run - 9 miles.  I ran 5 miles with my friends at 'run like a mother', and 4 miles on my own.  Feeling good.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for helping me stay on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment