I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

51 weeks till IRONMAN - For Real

THIS IS REAL.

I really am signed up and paid (once you've paid there is no turning back) for Florida Ironman 2012.

What should I be feeling?
My mom asked how I was feeling this week, and I told her I had lots of feelings. . . ranging from excitement, fear, unsurity, fateful, tired, thrilled, hopeful etc etc. . . but most of all - I feel ready to 'get at it'.  Truly - I want to get a plan and get after it.  Attack it with all that I have (with a few naps interspersed of course).

I realized my cycle to cope with stress on the day that I signed up for Ironman.  I was nervous, and I wanted to eat, but I was fasting (as it was Fast Sunday) so I couldn't do that, then I wanted to sleep, but I couldn't do that either, wanted to go for a run, but couldn't really do that either, so I started cleaning (vacuuming, tidying and vacuuming)  which was good because we were having family over for dinner later that day and the house needed it . . . . interesting coping skills..... eat, sleep, run, clean. . . I need to remember to skip to #3 and #4 as often as possible. . . . .

Here is a picture of me the moment we registered for Ironman on November 6, 2011

Am I getting in????   So excited!

Oh dear now I really have to do this!  AAAAHHHGGG!





My simple and reachable (I hope) Ironman goals this month are :

1.  Read "Going Long" 
       - by, Joe Friel & Gordon Byrn

2.  Choose a coach

3.  Lose 5lbs

4.  Stay focused

5.  Make a plan and follow it

6.  Remember I am good at this part

7.  I can and will do this









In a year, I want a video like this one. . . . . but with different music, and my name instead of hers, and pictures of me - doing my Ironman - with a smile on my face..... the time on the time clock would be fine with me too....anything under 17 hours - I will be HAPPY!




There are a few good quotes in this video but the one I need to remember this week - why I am doing this - is the following:

An IRONMAN is not made in 140.6 miles. . . 

an IRONMAN is forged through countless early morning wake-ups, gallons of sweat. . .

hundreds of miles of focus, and many months of self discipline. . . 

like steel, an IRONMAN enters the fire, is softened and beat down, shaped and molded. . .

and in the end is solid and strong. . . 

Today, I will be an IRONMAN





No comments:

Post a Comment