I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Whole 30 Challenge - I am doing it!

So I have been having a pretty rough 10 months......  since Ironman Maryland in September 2014 - my hormones have gone completely out of control, my energy dropping low and my weight climbing up, my cycle crazy, and my lumps growing.  I had a breast lump removed in October, and in March found more nodules on my thyroid.

s  t  r  u  g  g  l  e

i   h a v e   n o   c o n t r o l  o v e r   m y  b o d y   o r   m y   l i f e

What an absolute             t e r r i b l e  f e e l i n g


So - in order to really try to get life under control again - I have attempted the Whole 30 .  I started on the first day of a family reunion - crazy you say?  Maybe, but what I decided is that there is NO GOOD time to change my life.  So - I packed all my own food to the reunion and ate what I could - and walked away from the MANY things that were off limits for the next 30 days.  I just kept telling myself - 29 more days.  28 more days.  And I survived the first few days of the whole 30 challenge.

Here is a timeline of what I have gone through and am still going through with my whole 30 journey.....

Day 1 - Day 30

Today is Day 13 of being completely whole 30, and Day 17 since I started at the reunion.... so refer to the above timeline to see how I am really doing....  ha ha.

The other thing I have done is . . . I started logging my food 


- - - a g a i n - - - 

I know - everyone HATES logging their food - but in the last 8 years of my life, I have learned that the only road to success for someone with a food addiction is to log their food.  I decided I was going to be a lifer when it comes to logging my food.  Done deal.  It is not perfect - but it doesn't have to be perfect, nor should I expect it to be - here is my log from this week. . .

















No comments:

Post a Comment