I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

6 weeks till IRONMAN - keep moving forward...

I chose some AFTER Ironman races today - and I am excited!.....

I am trying to keep moving forward, even AFTER Ironman.

I know I fell into a bit of a 'finish line' mentality last time as soon as Ironman was over, we went on a big family trip - which was AMAZING, then when we arrived home, I blinked and it was Christmas time, and I found it challenging to look forward to the next thing.  Nothing seemed 'big enough' or 'worthy enough', and so I fell into a bit of a workout slump.

I don't want to do that again, so I am planning
some things to look forward to,
to keep training for,
to keep me moving forward....

OCT - Calgary Harvest Half on October 4th (2 weeks post Ironman)

NOV - The Clause Cause in Lethbridge - November 15th

DEC - Lethbridge Resolution Run (5K)- December 31

JAN -

FEB -

MAR - Moonlight Run

APR- 10 mile Road Race - Lethbridge

MAY- Women's Only Canmore 1/2 Marathon (23rd)

JUNE- Cardston Kids Marathon, Ladiesfest, Spinderella

JULY-

AUG-

SEPT- swim vacation

This would be IDEAL - if I could have something every month to work towards.  I've got some more work to do to get THERE!   That's for sure! It's those LONG COLD winter months that are so very challenging!  I may just need to be happy cross-country skiing and swimming in Lethbridge and maybe doing some cross-fit during those long months December - May!

I do like a good plan!  Can you tell?!  Ha Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment