I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

15 weeks till IRONMAN - Ladiesfest

Only 15 weeks left to train. . . .

We can do ANYTHING for 15 weeks - right??!?

A race that I LOVE doing every year is this one - Ladiesfest in Lethbridge.

Amy comes from Edmonton, and brings her girls - they run with my girls, and we all have our very own experience this day in the coulees, as we are surrounded by 750 other women.

Sometimes I feel an overwhelming feeling of the power of women as I run down the hill into the coulees with 750 other women - all running for their own reasons - all with their story....

This year, we were a little late on the start, but it was ok - we finally got our race numbers and our chips on our ankles and we were off -

It was a beautiful day for a run - the sun was shining and I felt like I had a great race.  I realized that I really love the 8k distance.  And next year - I am going to 'train for it'.  I had a great run, my pace was good - I felt good - till THE HILL......  the hill kicked my mental butt!  I told myself - run one lamppost and then walk one lamppost. . .so I ran one lamppost, then I walked one lamppost, and then my legs told my head that it was too hard - and I listened, and I walked the rest of the hill..... when I got to the top, I was really ticked at myself!

I learned a valuable lesson today - the mental training is crucial!

Next year - I am training on hills, and I am going to be ready to take on the Ladiesfest hill!  I will not cave at the first sign of 'this is too hard!'

Still a great run - I love doing this with my mom, my sister in law, my daughters, and my nieces - it's wonderful!

It was Kate's first time doing ladiesfest this year - and she loved going with Grandma -



















And of course our group shots!

Our team name this year was "Appleton Girls on the Run"


















We didn't win the 'largest' team this year - but we did win a few other prizes.
Kate wind the hat she is wearing by playing "heads or tails"
Clara won a candle ( the jar in her hand) as a draw prize
And Amy won a gift certificate to a store she likes to shop at - Lucky!




























Kate (7), Mary (10), Mady (11), Clara (almost 13), Emma (17), Anna (14)

No comments:

Post a Comment