I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

28 weeks till IRONMAN - so many thoughts

So Ironman has announced a new location - Cambridge, Maryland

and I can't get it out of my mind.. . .

for the first time ever, Ironman is offering a transfer program.
I could transfer from Florida to Maryland. . . . . .

I have been making Pro's and Con's Lists mentally,
 on pieces of paper, and in ALL of my conversations
with my poor friends. . . . .



Maryland Pros
It's sooner
I won't have to train in Alberta in Sept/October's unpredictable weather
My hard training will be done before school starts
I'll have more time to deal with x-country and Christmas, Girls Choir
It's a new race - more adrenaline with the unknown
It's a new place - different medal!
No Sharks
No Jellyfish

Maryland Cons
My training is going to have to jump up 5 weeks


I'm having a hard time finding anything wrong with this race!

Oh what to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment