I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dreams into Plans

I am trying to get my head around my race plans for 2013, and I seem to be spinning with too many possibilities, not enough time and still trying to leave time open for the husband and the kids!!!  
Oh the dilemma....



Shirts I think I need for the year 2013:
If you don't have anything nice to say, go for a run.


























I run things.


Trying to remember my goals for this year.

Improve my run by training and doing a marathon.

#1 - Pick a marathon.

Train with Jack on the bike and do a long distance ride with him

#2 - Pick a bike ride with Jack

Help Emma train and do a 1/2 marathon

#3 - Pick a 1/2 Marathon with Emma

Help Clara train for a triathlon

#4 - Pick a triathlon to do with Clara (Vulcan? with Elizabeth and Anna?)

Run with Mary

#5 - Organize and start Ultra Kids

What does Duane want to do this summer - Duane's race?

#6 - Calendar in Duane's Race Day

Spend time with Family doing ACTIVE stuff.

#7  Appleton Girls do Sperry Chalet August 15 - 17

The rest of the choices either fit or they don't:

Runner's Soul Marathon Club starts - January
Hypothermic 1/2 Marathon -Lethbridge - March 2
Moonlight Run - March 9
10 mile Road Race - April 13
Vulcan Triathlon - June 1
Coulee Cactus Crawl - June 1
Ladiesfest - June 8
Spinderella - Pocatello - June 15
Cardston Family Fun Run - June 15
Cardston Kids Marathon - June 19
Strathmore Triathlon - June 22
Salt Lake Color Run - June 22
Color Me Rad - Calgary - June 29 (in the middle of the Appleton Reunion - no longer a choice)
Raymond Family Fun Run - July 6
Magrath Triathlon - July 13
Stirling Triathlon - August 3
Pocatello Backwards Triathlon - August 3
Raymond Triathlon - August 10
Fort Macleod Triathlon - August 17
Cycle for the Symphony - August 24?
Pocatello Marathon/1/2 Marathon - August 31
Missoula Garden City Triathlon - Sept 7
Color Run Portland - September 7
Color Run Billings - September 21
Melissa's Road Race - Banff - September 28
Slam the Dam - 8K swim - Vegas - October 5
Santa Cause - Lethbridge - November 16
Resolution Run - Lethbridge - December 31
Prediction Run - Missoula - December 31
1/2 Ironman - somewhere/sometime - maybe Fort Macleod
Long Distance Bike Ride - Nanton?

Missoula 1200 mile club 
Mothers Run this Town 1000 mile club

Ya - No wonder my head is spinning!!

Time to make some decisions!  That is an AWESOME list of choices!

OK - the Red ones are tradition, but I know we don't HAVE to do them every year, the blue ones I have done before, and I liked, the pink ones are very intriguing, and the black ones are just options. . . I can cut this down. . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment