I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cross Training

I have been holding onto this post in hopes to add pictures. . .then I forgot about the post, but I just need to get it posted - I may add pictures later - I may not - time will tell!

What a GREAT week of Cross Training!

When we were in Missoula, I bought my first pair of cross-country skis.  Not having cross-county skied since I was about 12, it may have been a bit reckless -

What if I hated it?  Stress!

Tuesday had arrived, the kids went back to school and Karen and Michelle were ready to GO!

I was pretty nervous!
I only fell 3 times, and I could get up quickly by the 3rd fall.

Yeah! I didn't hate it!  What a relief!

It was harder than I thought it would be - I worked hard, but I was SOLD!

Friday finally came, so Duane and I went on a date to the mountains- back to Cameron Lake for a night time cross country ski / snowshoe date .  . . . . we were in awe with the cold starry night.

Saturday jobs were done (mostly) and we took the family back to Cameron for another snowshoe, cross-country ski activity!  The little ones dragged their feet, whined and complained, wanting to lay in the snow every couple of minutes - but FAMILY FUN TIME was had - at least that is what we kept telling them, and I believe that they will only remember the FUN!

What a great week of Cross-country skiing - 3 times in one week - man I am a lucky girl - I am getting a little better every time!  Maybe I can keep up with Karen and Michelle by the end of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment