I am learning that most of my friends and family are . . . curious. . . . about WHY I am doing an IRONMAN (2012). . . . . again (2014). . . . . I'm sure some days I will have the same questions, so here is an honest look into who I am - what is motivating me, what my goals are, and how I get from HERE to IRONMAN in 52 weeks . . . enjoy the ride!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

16 weeks till IRONMAN - the season begins with race #1

Race #1 = Magrath Triathlon.

Well, it has been 2 years since I have done this triathlon.

I was nervous.

Things are different now, and yet, still kind of the same.

I had a few crazy fears.

I think I worked through them and went into the race with hope, enthusiasm, and excitement.

A few stats:

2009 = 2:47
swim 29.20.65
bike 1.15.16
run 1.03.08

2010 = 3:03
swim 31:04.85
bike 1:25.37
run 1:06.26

My GOAL for 2012 = 2:49   My ACTUAL for 2012 = 2:54.18
swim :29                                  :29.09
bike 1:20                                1:25.25
run 1:00                                   :59.42

I was very happy with my swim, I felt right on track.  My bike ride felt good - I felt like I rode well. The transition times are both included in the bike time, and I think that is where I was not very speedy - but I can work on that.  My run - I was absolutely THRILLED about!  Under an hour!  SO VERY HAPPY!  It was a great #1 race!

a few pictures of the day:
Yes - it is true - I'm a racing 40 year old!  Yahoo!

feeling ready - got the gear - here's hoping it doesn't rain/lightening . . . too hard.

I'm loving my new wetsuit - it is really mine. . . . breathing . . . waiting . . . 

check out my form . . . Duane has it all figured out as what we need to change. . . . love that guy!

OK, so do you see the look this girl is giving me?!
Ya - that is why I have been hesitant to be all 'matchy matchy' and wear my crazy helmet. . . .
you can see what she is thinking can't you!
Ha Ha!  Oh well - 

All Done!  A Successful day!
I know I pushed it because when I was done, I told Duane "I think I might throw-up!"
and Duane said "Oh good for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment